|1.23, 1.23 Release, Release Notes, Features, Functionality|
HR Learn LMS Release 1.23 is being deployed on February 27, 2022 and contains the following enhancements and bug fixes.
Learner experience: Enhancements
“I forgot my username” functionality
Description: We have introduced a new capability which will allow learners to recover their username using the email address linked to their account.
System & UI Changes:
1. An administrator can turn on the option to allow users to recover their username from the System > Configuration > Login Setup area of HR Learn.
("Recover Username” setting in System > Configuration > Login Setup)
2. When this setting is enabled, a new option “I forgot my username” will appear on the sign-in screen in HR Learn.
("I forgot my password” on sign-in screen)
3. When the user clicks “I forgot my username” they will be taken to a screen where they can enter their email address to have their username emailed to them.
(“I forgot my username” screen)
4. When the user enters their email address and clicks “Submit”, their username will be emailed to that email address if it is found in the system. If more than one username is linked to the email address, the user will be sent the username that was logged in most recently.
Note: “I forgot my username” functionality only applies to users who authenticate to HR Learn using the built-in HR Learn sign-in form. This setting should not be turned on for portals that use SSO exclusively.
Integrated web-meeting links included in calendar files
Description: We have added the meeting links for web-meeting integrated (GoTo, WebEx, Zoom, Teams) ILT sessions to the calendar files that can be downloaded from the system or sent to users in ILT session email notifications. The link to the meeting will now appear in the “Location” and body areas of the calendar invite. This means users who add meetings to their calendar will be able to access those links directly from the calendar invite.
Administrator experience: Enhancements
Allow user-defined field(s) to be allocated as an “alternate email address”, and used in email notifications
Description: We have added the ability for an administrator to allocate one or more of the “user-defined” user profile fields as an “alternate email address” for the user, and reference those fields in the “Specific Email Address” and/or “Copy To” fields of an email notification.
System & UI Changes:
1. In System > User Field Configuration, you can turn on one of the “User-Defined” fields (field00 – field19) and give it a label that represents its usage as an “alternate email address.” In the example below, we turned on and labelled field05 as “Alternate Email Address.” But you can use any other currently unallocated field(s) and label them however you’d like.
(“field05” labelled as “Alternate Email Address”)
2. You can now reference that field in the “Specific Email Address” and/or “Copy To” fields of an email notification by using a short code for the field, i.e. ##field05##. In the example below, we have configured a “Course Completed” email notification to go to the Learner, and have a copy being sent to the user’s “Alternate Email Address.” This will result in the user receiving an email to their primary email address (email field), and their “Alternate Email Address (field05 field).
(Email notification configured to be sent to Learner with “Alternate Email Address” copied)
- If the field does not contain a valid email address for the user, it will be ignored. Using the above example, if the Learner did not have an “Alternate Email Address” defined, the email would simply go to their primary email address.
- ##email## can also be used as a placeholder to reference a Learner’s primary email address. This could be used in cases where the Recipient is someone other than the Learner, but you would like a copy of the email to go to the Learner.
Restrict ILT “Notify Me” to specific ILT modules
Description: We have added the ability to restrict “Notify Me” functionality for ILT sessions in the catalog to specific ILT modules. Previously, ILT sessions that were full would allow the user to select “Notify Me” for the session when there was an email notification set up for the “Session – Available” event. Now, “Notify Me” will have to be enabled for the ILT module in addition to having an email notification set up for the “Session – Available” event.
System & UI Changes:
1. To enable “Notify Me” for an ILT module, go to Learning Assets > Instructor Led Training, and click on the ILT module you would like to enable “Notify Me” for. Then, check the box under “Enable Notify Me.”
(“Enable Notify Me” setting for ILT module)
Extended maximum length of coupon codes
Description: We have extended the maximum length for a coupon code from 10 characters to 255 characters.
- Corrected an issue in reporting where changes to a report were detaching users who were subscribed to the report by an administrator.
- Corrected an issue with PDF save for certificates when the certificate consisted of only a background image and no dynamic fields.
- Corrected an issue where course credits were not being displayed properly on leader boards.
- Corrected an issue where “Enrollment Request” email notifications were not being sent to Supervisors when “Supervisor” was marked as an Enrollment Approver.
- Corrected an issue where ILT email notifications sent to “Instructor(s)” were being duplicated when there is more than one Instructor assigned to an ILT session.
- Corrected an issue where SCORM overrides were not being properly enforced for Storyline content.
- Corrected a validation issue for the date of birth field in the User API.
- Corrected an issue where the quiz question counter was being displayed for quizzes set to randomize the question order.
- Corrected an issue where the URL for items with a short code was not using the portal’s custom domain when the portal had a custom aliased domain.
- Corrected an issue where changes to video content package completion criteria settings were not being applied to the content package.
- Corrected an issue in the rules engine where a ruleset with a Group rule was not being applied when another ruleset was responsible for joining a user to a group. When a ruleset with a Group rule is has a dependency on another ruleset being executed first, the dependent ruleset will be executed first.
- Corrected an issue where bulleted lists in the description field for objects in the catalog were not displaying the bullets.
- Corrected an issue where course ratings could only be recorded when the ratings were set to “Publicize Course Ratings.”
- Corrected an issue where the time zone for report subscription emails was not properly conveyed to the recipient.
- Corrected an issue with attaching courses to a certification.
- Updated the error message feedback for when a group enrollment is created for a course that already has a group enrollment.
- Removed “Waiting List” messaging from ILT sessions in the catalog when there are 0 total seats on the waiting list (waiting list not used).
Please sign in to leave a comment.