Description: Learners can now sign-in and register with their google/g-mail account if the setting is turned on for your Inquisiq LMS portal. By integrating your Inquisiq learning platform with Google, you can bind your Inquisiq user profiles with their corresponding Google accounts. This way, every user inside your platform can sign into their Inquisiq platform without needing to manually enter the credentials. This manual will show you the integration in both your Inquisiq learning platform as well as from Google side.
System & UI Changes:
- Navigate to your Inquisiq portal -> System -> Configuration -> Login Setup page and you will see the new SSO option.
- When you click on ‘Add OAuth Provider’, the following window will pop-up, where you can choose the provider as google.
- After selecting Google as the SSO option, click on ‘Provider Developer Guide’ hyperlink to create an app on google account to activate the integration. When you click the provider developer guide hyperlink, it will take you to the below screen on your g-mail/google account once you have logged in with your google credential. Click on ‘Create Credential’ link as highlighted below.
- Next click on ‘OAuth Client ID
- In application type field select web application as highlighted below.
- Enter an application name of your choice and copy the URI link from Inquisiq.
- Once you save the above form, you will see the below screen with client ID and secret key. Copy these in the client ID and secret key fields in Inquisiq where you were configuring SSO with Google.
- After adding the client ID and secret key save the form and, you are all set to allow users to log into your LMS with their google account. Users will see the below option while signing in.