|User Batch Upload, User Batch Import, Update Users, Update Existing Users, TXT File, Upload Template, Reporting, User Demographic Report|
You can update several user profiles in the LMS at one time using the Batch Upload feature. To make sure that profile data with correct information is preserved, you can run a report on your users’ profile information, then manipulate the data, and upload the new data that way. There are a few steps to this process, but the procedure is overall fairly straightforward.
- Go to the Reports page, and under the User Demographics dataset, click “+New User Demographics Report”.
- In the Columns tab, click the >| arrow button to move ALL fields from the Available Items list to the Selected Items list. In the Selected Items list, select the fields Full Name, Created, Last Login, Group, Supervisor, and Role, and then click the < arrow button to move only those fields back over to the Available Items list.
- If you have a specific list of users you need to update, click the Filters tab and filter the report based on the users you need to update. If it is a list of users with no profile data in common, filter by username, add each username individually to the filter, with OR logic in between.
- Click “Run Report”, and download the report as a CSV file.
- Open the CSV file, and save it as a spreadsheet.
- In Inquisiq, from the Users & Groups Menu, click Users, then click “+User Batch”.
- Using the user batch page as a guide, and using the headers in your spreadsheet, make changes to the spreadsheet as indicated by the guidelines on the user batch page…
- Move the columns in your spreadsheet so that the columns of data are in the correct columns as indicated by the user batch page. Insert blank columns where they are needed.
- Leave the Password field blank.
- Make sure date columns are in the format yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss (select the entire column, right click, select “Format Cells…”, select “Custom”, type in the text box “yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss”, and click “Ok”).
- Make sure all other fields with specific formats indicated in the Format column of the user batch page follow the formatting rules.
- Once the data are all in their correct columns and formats, add the data or make the changes to the data that you need to make. To REMOVE data from a user’s profile, leave the cell for the field blank on the spreadsheet. This will clear the user’s profile field.
- Delete the first row of headers in the spreadsheet.
- Save the spreadsheet as a tab-delimited text file.
- On the user batch page, click the Upload User Batch File icon, and upload your tab-delimited text file. Your users will be updated with the new information, and they will retain the information in their profiles that you did not change in your spreadsheet.